14 September 2012

vegan pregnancy: 29 weeks

appologies for being a little MIA of late - it seems i've been so wrapped up in other goings on that i haven't been posting regularly - so if you're still hanging in there with my sporatic, generally no more than once a week posts, hurrah!  {and know that you've got not one, but two posts comin' at ya today!}
 

i know i should count my lucky stars but i am just feeling incredible.  at 29 weeks, i'm technically in my 3rd trimester now, i'm still basking in that 2nd trimester glow that so many women talk about.  my bump is cute & getting rounder by the day but not so huge that it's getting in the way of doing simple tasks, i've no aches or pains to speak of, i'm not having any trouble sleeping and i can still move around without feeling awkward or cumbersome.  life is good! 

my only real discomfort is that i'm pretty much guaranteed to have indigestion after eating.  and i should specify, after eating anything.  an apple?  yep.  toast?  yep.  salad?  yep.  rich and spicy curry?  yep.  {not that i wouldn't get it anyways after that!}  i think partially it's the pregnancy talking but the other part is that i've been so hungry that i tend to inhale my food too quickly {something i'm guilty of in non-pregnancy days too}.  when i'm hungry, i'm HUNGRY. 

so, needless to say tums have also become a bit of a staple for me.  they're in my purse, in the car, in my desk and squirrelled away in other hiding spots.  a small sacrifice if this is the worst of it though, right?


in other news i got a much trim at the salon yesterday and had such a lovely time.  the best part was that my stylist is vegan and so we just talk about food the entire time!  us foodies have to stick together you know...

oh and this: i realized after taking the bump shots for today's post that had worn the same top when i took bump photos at 23 weeks - check out all that vegan baby growing i've been doing in the past 6 weeks! 


anyways, check back later today and i'll share with you one my quick dinner fixes that's been a favourite recently...

9 comments:

  1. You look beautiful, Jess! That's so great that you're still feeling really good (minus the indigestion). Also, and totally not related, but I really love that paint color! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks amanda! i'm so in LOVE with that paint colour too, it's my new work space... more on that soon ;)

      Delete
  2. You are so incredibly gorgeous, I hope you know that. :) I was lucky too in that I didn't start feeling any discomforts or anything until pretty far along, and honestly, until around 36 weeks or so things were super easy and smooth and only after 38 weeks has it been getting a little rougher and that's just more dealing with shifting the extra weight. :) Anyway, you look wonderful and I'm glad to "hear" from you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh you are too sweet sara, thank you for that :)
      i'm crossing my fingers & toes {and asking babe to do so too} that i follow in your feeling awesome until nearing the end footsteps! hard to believe that's just around the corner for me...

      Delete
  3. Just a suggestion....sometimes doing the 'tums' does the opposite of what you want to happen.

    Perhaps try a tsp or so in 8 oz of water and drink it
    or use it on salads.

    Also, the peppermint is listed to help, however for the loosening issues, it can actually make things worse.

    **note, i am not a medical professional, just had three kiddos and gerd that required meds for years until i shifted to the add vinegar, subtract peppermint tea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi elisa, thanks for the tip - only i think you forgot to mention what it is you add to a glass of water... my guess is that you meant ACV? i haven't tried that actually but maybe i should :)

      Delete
  4. Awww Jess, you look amazing! I mean you always do, but pregnancy definitely suits you :)

    Glad you're having such a wonderful time with it and hopefully the indigestion doesn't get in the way of feeling good too much. I love seeing these update posts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I can say is ginger & oatmeal...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fabulous and sounds like you're having a wonderful pregnancy. Love to see other vegan babies growing since I'm done having kids of my own. I never had indigestion with my three, but my friends swear by eating small meals all day. Grazing instead of large meals.

    ReplyDelete